Ready for a challenging and rewarding career in an emerging and dynamic field? Want to work in a fun team environment? Our current openings are listed below.
Are you an energetic, fun, and experienced certified genetic counselor? Would you like to work for a company nominated as one of the best new companies to work for in America? Or even perhaps a company that prides itself in work-life balance? Clarity Genetics focuses on helping young families get a good start in life by delivering best-in-class genetic carrier screening. Our commitment to families doesn’t end with our clientele; it is also focused on our employees.
By delivering a healthy work-life balance and a fun team environment, we continue to build a solid foundation around our best thinking, while delivering cutting-edge products to physicians throughout the United States. As a pioneer in advanced genetic carrier screening, we attract the leading minds and technological experts in the field. Our dynamic, high-growth laboratory and customer service divisions are located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with a national sales team positioned throughout the country.
- Manage communication of abnormal results and provide telephone genetic counseling services to providers and their patients.
- Serve as a clinical resource for cross-functional departments within Clarity Genetics including marketing, sales, and the laboratory.
- Provide education to providers and the genetic community through lectures and website content.
- Assist providers in selecting tests that are clinically appropriate in a cost-conscious manner.
- Interpret results and write report content for the Clarity Genetics test menu.
- Participate in new test development by applying clinical expertise to the design of new assays and corresponding educational/marketing materials.
- Maintain and improve current knowledge of complex genetic issues, attend appropriate lectures, conferences, rounds, and regional/national meetings.
- Travel up to 25% per month.
- Master’s of Science in genetic counseling or Ph.D. degree in human genetics.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) certification.
- State license or ability to obtain state license for genetic counseling.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Two (2) or more years of clinical practice in genetic counseling.
- Experience in clinical genetic laboratory and/or prenatal or pediatric clinical setting is preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on organizational skills
- Self-motivated and managed
- Ability to build trust with customers by displaying listening skills and patience
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Drive. Ownership. Accountability. Passion.
- In depth knowledge of molecular genetics and relationship to human disease.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately evaluate scientific literature.
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively, exploring new ways of approaching work that can improve results, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to translate “technical speak” in way that patients and providers at all levels can understand.
- Familiarity with variant databases, genome browsers, and HGVS nomenclature.
- High-energy work ethic with ability to work independently, or in a team environment, while maintaining excellent customer relationships.
- Familiarity and adherence to HIPAA and PHI.
- Problem Solving
- Full time position, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
- Opportunity to advance as company continues to expand
- If you are interested in learning more about the position or applying, please contact NxGen MDx at 855-776-9436 or send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.