Clarity Genetics Informed Prenatal Test (CIPT)
The Clarity Genetics Informed Prenatal Test sheds much-needed light on the risk for certain chromosomal conditions for your pregnancy — providing the reassurance of reliable answers no other screening test can. It does not carry the risk of complications that invasive procedures do.
What Is It?
The Clarity Genetics Informed Prenatal Test is a non-invasive prenatal screen (CIPT) that can determine with a high degree of accuracy whether your baby may be at risk for certain conditions. With the Clarity Genetics Informed Prenatal Test, you will know more about your baby's risk in order to make an informed decision and weigh the benefits and risks of an invasive procedure.
Clarity Genetics Informed Prenatal Test screens for the following genetic disorders:
- Down Syndrome — Caused by an extra copy of Chromosome 21. By age 35, a woman’s risk of having a child with Trisomy 21 is about 1 in 230 in the first trimester.
- Edwards Syndrome — Caused by an extra copy of Chromosome 18. By age 35, a woman’s risk of having a child with Trisomy 18 is about 1 in 1000 in the first trimester.
- Patau Syndrome — Caused by an extra copy of Chromosome 13. By age 35, a woman’s risk of having a child with Trisomy 13 at delivery is about 1 in 2000.
Who Should Take It?
- Any woman of advanced maternal age at time of delivery (35 years or older at delivery for a singleton pregnancy or 32 years or older at delivery for a twin pregnancy)
- Anyone whose maternal serum screen is “positive” or abnormal
- Anyone whose ultrasound reveals abnormalities suggestive of a common chromosome condition
- Anyone with a personal or family history that indicates a higher risk for trisomies 21, 18, 13, or other sex chromosome aneuploidies
Why Clarity Genetics?
Our laboratory uses massively parallel shotgun sequencing to analyze cell-free DNA present in maternal plasma. The test is validated for pregnancies with gestational age of at least 10 weeks. Our NIPT has the lowest failure rate at 0.1% and is not impacted by high body mass index. It requires only a simple blood draw and provides reliable estimation of risk for the most common chromosomal abnormalities.
Talk to a Genetic Counselor
As a Clarity client, you'll have access to personal genetic counselors who can help explain the results of your screens and provide insight on how to move forward. To schedule a personal conference to discuss your screen results, click the link below or call(866) 661-7966Discuss Your Screening Results